Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Wrong decisions in 2007

Its just 3rd month of the year and I have already realized the major mistakes I made.

1. Did not buy the ticket for Caribbean.
2. Did not buy the ticket for Caribbean.
3. Did not buy the ticket for Caribbean.

I would be regretting this decision till the next World Cup. Thanks to all my unenthusiastic and unsupportive friends.

I think this was my golden chance to watch WC. And I was desperate to be on the islands to witness the supreme event of cricket.

1. This was my last chance to see my heroes playing in WC. Dravid, Sachin, Ponting, Gilchrist, Fleming, Lara, Inzy – everyone playing their last WC (I assume). These are the players I followed since I was young. They are the reason behind me loving all cricket action. I would have loved to watch them ….under the the sun……by the beach…. on the ground…. performing to rule the world and create the history. It would have been like a dream come true!!

2. I would be really ‘old’ at the time of next world cup. I don’t see myself being a cricket enthusiast for next 4 years.

3. Flying to Caribbean –tickets, visa, money, office vacations etc. was manageable. It needed a lot of planning – where I failed. Hence now self reproaching.



Cricket Rules!! And I hate the fact that I am missing all that spirit n energy!!

4 comments:

Elwing said...

i so echo your sentiments!! twas a great opportunity this time... u have put all the various reasons why this wouldve been magical so well...

alas for me... even the money situation was not manageable... so i can but sit and hope tht if nothing else i will at least be able to see the WC finals.. and hope tht India can make me proud this time!!

Björn said...

Serves you right for not supporting Ganguly.

Utpal Deole said...

And Hritik Roshan says, watching the World Cup on TATA SKY is better than going to the West Indies!! Dimbwit!

I know gal! But why wouldn't you be an enthusiast in the next 4 years!! Its coming to India. Easier to manage that one I guess :P

Anonymous said...

eeeeeeeeee.....tyat..kay..We have WC at our home everyday.where ofcourse I win! he he..cheer up dear!