Monday, March 19, 2007

Whats Wrong???

  • Slap on the face
    Bangladesh??
  • Bob Woolmer
    I read it in the morning. I could not believe it. Tragic death. Utter shock. I felt terrible……
    Is the game worth this? Pressure which can cost someone his life?
    Rest in peace, Bob.
  • Inzy 's retirement-
    Well, not a surprise after Pak’s disastrous performance. One of the senior most and experienced players. He is what Dravid is for the Indian team – Solid, Dependable and Experienced. Inshallah, I have always liked him. It was sad to see those press conference photos. You could see the pain in his eyes. Read comments on Bob’s death – people criticizing Inzamam. Absolutely tragic end of his career.
  • Flintoff fined.
    Irresponsible behavior. Senior player boozing after losing an important game. How stupid that can be?

    All these news brought enough gloominess I needed to spoil my WC mood. Atypical bizarre and sensational start of tournament. May be nothing is wrong. But its just too much for me to digest.

1 comment:

Elwing said...

well at least u now know tht what u considered your major bad decision of 2007 was not tht bad.. think of all the people who paid 200 dollars for a 'follow india' package on TV...

but woolmer's death has made me change my thoughts abt this game.. it has become too commercial!..

its a gentelmen's game... things like this sully its reputation...

rest in peace bob... and hopefully people will come to their senses and never allow a game to take anyone's life again...